Dr Melanie Morill Ac.
Hello! I'm Melanie, the Owner and Doctor of Acupuncture at Accessible Acupuncture in Edmonton, Alberta.
My practice is focused on,
- Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Women's/Uterus Health (Trans inclusive)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Chronic Pain & Injury
I am passionate about helping people reach their health goals. Accessible Acupuncture is oriented around being accessible and inclusive because acupuncture care is for everyone.
I chose to become a Doctor of Acupuncture because I wanted to help people reach health goals and not just react to health problems. The difference in a holistic approach to health. With a holistic assessment, we come to a more complete understanding of your health concerns and goals. Together we will review your options for treatment and I will design a custom treatment plan for you. Your treatment plan is tailored to you.
Accessible Acupuncture in Edmonton is a safe and welcoming space for LGBTQIA2S+ people, disabled people, BIPOC, and neurodivergent people. I am happy to help everyone who has a health goal or health concern that will benefit from acupuncture care.
Accessibility means different things to different people.
Accessible Acupuncture strives to be accessible and we are happy to make accommodations for you.
- The Hys Centre and Accessible Acupuncture are wheelchair and walker accessible from the front door to the treatment tables/chair
- Acupuncture treatments can be given in a treatment chair for people who are unable to use the treatment table
- Scents and fragrances are not used in the clinic
- Linens are laundered with hypoallergenic, scent-free, and dye-free soap
- Electric treatment tables that can be easily raised or lowered
- Large treatment rooms and waiting room with space to accommodate mobility devices and baby strollers
- Quiet treatments with no music, white noise, and quiet voices
- Treatment with louder music for the hearing impaired
- Lowering lights as needed (All treatment rooms have dimmer lights)
- Brighter lights as needed
(All treatment rooms have bright overhead lights )
- Providing water, juice, and granola bars
- Modified acupuncture can be given while in a wheelchair or power chair
- The Hys Center has three elevators to the 6th floor and all exterior doors have automatic doors
- Essential caregivers and interpreters are welcome to attend appointments
For Health Care Providers
How to refer patients and work with Dr. Melanie Morrill Ac.
Referrals are easy
Simply give your patients our business card, then patients can book online or over the phone. You can also fax your referrals on 587-773-1733
LGBTQIA2S+ Specific Health Concerns
Acupuncture can be used to support:
Healing and scar reduction after surgery such as gender confirmation and facial feminization surgery.
Lactation in non-gestational parents.
Stress and anxiety related to identity.
Pain and tension after using a chest binder.
Fertility for LGBTQIA2S+ people.
Assisted Fertility with IUI/IVF for individuals and couples.
Balancing hormones during transition.
Uterine and menstrual health concerns for all.