Arm and Shoulder Issues
Treating with Acupuncture
Arm and Shoulder Pain
Are you having trouble playing your favourite sport?
Do you avoid reaching for things on the top shelf?
Are you losing productivity because wrist pain is stopping you from typing and working?
Do you have trouble lifting your kids or grandkids because your arms or shoulders hurt?
Acupuncture resolves these issues and more without drugs or surgery.
How Acupuncture Supports Healing
After an injury, you want to support your body's healing. Acupuncture reduces the healing time and pain while healing.
Acupuncture works by:
- Improving circulation so your body has the energy it needs to heal.
- Reducing inflammation, which reduces pain.
- Reducing healing time.
- Releasing tension around the injury, especially tense tight muscles and facia.
- Improving the range of motion in the injured joint.
Shoulder pain is complex and can be caused by many different issues including:
- Injury to the rotator cuff
- Frozen shoulder
- Sprains and Strains
- Trauma or Sports injuries
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Dislocation or Subluxations
The most common cause of shoulder pain is an injury to the rotator cuff.
Shoulder Pain Due to Rotator Cuff Injuries
There are four big muscles that make up the rotator cuff of the shoulder.
- Teres Minor
Most rotator cuff injuries will heal with acupuncture, physiotherapy, massage, and therapeutic exercises. In the few cases where those are unsuccessful, shoulder surgery can be considered.
Wrist and Hand Pain
Wrist and hand pain can be due to:
- Trauma such as falling on an outstretched hand also know as a FOOSH
- Hand cramps due to overuse or stress
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Repetitive stress
- Ganglion cysts
- Sports injuries
Dr. Melanie Morrill Ac. is able to assess your hand and wrist, understand the root cause of the pain or dysfunction, and treat the root cause. By getting to the bottom of the pain we can resolve it quickly so you can use your wrists and hands without discomfort. Acupuncture can quickly resolve these aches and pains.
Elbow pain usually fits into three categories:
- Pain on the inside of the elbow also known as medial elbow pain or golfers elbow
- Pain on the outside of the elbow also known as lateral elbow pain or tennis elbow
- General elbow pain where the entire elbow hurts
Golfers and tennis players may be more likely to have pain, but they are not the only ones who get it. It is possible to have golfer's elbow or tennis elbow without ever picking up a golf club or tennis racquet. Early treatment of elbow pain is key to minimizing recovery time and avoiding taking time off work or sports.
Tight muscles in the arm and forearm are usually responsible for elbow pain. Acupuncture and cupping will release those tight muscles and stop elbow pain.
Review from a Happy Patient
I was having very bad back and hip pain. Tried cortisone but that didn't do much. I started to research acupuncture and thought I would give it a try. I looked at Melanie's profile and thought I would give her a try. Boy I'm sure glad I did.
She has helped my pain tremendously. She is very professional and listens to your needs and creates a strategy that is suited for your pain sites. The results so far have been amazing and we aren't even half way through my treatment plan! I would highly recommend Melanie !